The SBCF awarded the following prizes during this meeting:
- for the prize for the best cell biology oral communication: Flora Crozet, PhD student under the supervision of Marie-Emilie Terret at Marie Hélène Verlhac at the Collège de France.
- for the prize for the best cell biology poster: Daphné Vannier, PhD student, under the supervision of Eva Faurobert in the team of Corinne Albiges-Rizo at the IAB in Grenoble.
- The first accessit of the prize for best cell biology oral communication in was awarded to Zvonimir Marelja, post doc in the team of Matias Simons at the Imagine Institute in Paris.
Description of the meeting :
The ITMO of Cellular Biology, Development and Evolution (BCDE) and the societies of Cell and Developmental Biology (SBCF and SFBD) are pleased to announce their meeting:
Developmental and Cell Biology of the Future
This meeting will cover the most recent advances in key aspects of developmental and cell biology. The main aim of the meeting is to gather accomplished researchers and the next scientists’ generation to discuss and define tomorrow’s key aspects of developmental and cell biology. The desire of the organizers is to carry out an open discussion to stimulate innovation and improve transversality and ethic. On this spirit, the meeting will dedicate a major session to discuss about “The Future of Cell and Developmental Biology”, including several board members of the SBCF and SFBD.
The scientific organization of the meeting is ensured by a team of young scientists, all PhD students, post doctoral fellows and staff scientists early in their career: Irene AKSOY and Jessica BOUVIERE (Lyon), Amandine BERY and Ralitza STANEVA (Paris), Claudio CORTES, Stefan HARMANSA and Ali HASHMI (Marseille), Mandela PRUNSTER and Géraldine WILLIAUME (Villefranche-sur-Mer), Patricia ROJAS (Montpellier) and Alice ROUAN (Nice)
The meeting will include the following topics
- Environmental Impact on Development and Evolution
- Single Cell Omics: a revolution for development and evolution
- Epigenomics and Genome Expression
- Stem cells biology and organoids
- Live-imaging and Image Processing
- Carien NIESSEN (University of Cologne, Germany)
- Jérôme GROS (Pasteur Institute, France)
- Vincent DEBAT (The Institute of « Systématique, Évolution, Biodiversité », France)
- Heather MARLOW (Pasteur Institute, France)
- Orly REINER (Weizmann Institute of Science, Israël)
- Henrik JÖNSSON (University of Cambridge, England)
- François SPITZ (Pasteur Institute, France)
- Sara A. WICKSTRÖM (University of Helsinky, Finland)
Abstracts selection criteria
Abstracts will be selected for short oral presentation or poster by the organizers and taking in consideration the adequacy to the scientific topics of the meeting.