How to get a research position in France?
After a postdoc – French citizenship is not required
1. Permanent staff researcher positions to join an existing lab (to be first directly contacted before application)
- Granted by national institutions like INSERM (medical), CNRS (fundamental), INRA (agronomy), CEA, etc. More information HERE
-> National competition (« chargé de recherches » position)
-> Early permanent civil servant positions without teaching duties
- Granted by Universities. More information HERE
-> Local competition (« maître de conférences » position)
-> Early permanent civil servant position with teaching duties
2. PI – GROUP leader positions to start your own lab (starting packages with or without PI salary).
- ATIP-Avenir program of Inserm&CNRS. More information HERE
- G5 program of the Institut Pasteur,
- Start programs from Universities (see each University webpage)
- Amorçage starting grant from the Fondation pour la Recherche Médicale,
- Open calls from various research institutes: see our job offers
Useful information for your installation in France
Science Accueil is an association specialized since 20 years in the accompaniment of the national and international scientists in incoming mobility on the territory of Ile-de-France, as well as their family. You will find on this site useful information concerning the administrative steps to be taken to prepare for your arrival in France.