The French Society for Cell Biology wishes to accompany students and teachers in providing a series of teaching aids, multimedia resources, examples of directed exercises and practical work, suggestions for projects, and ways to assess knowledge.
[Don't hesitate to contact us to update and implement the documents presented]
Multimedia resources (Bordeaux University)
#1 La cellule et sa membrane plasmique
#2 Transport membranaire
#3 Les molécules d’adhérence
#4 Le cytosquelette
#5 La mitochondrie
#6 La synthèse des protéines
#7 La dégradation des protéines : Protéolyse
#8 Acheminement des protéines à travers le réticulum endoplasmique et le golgi
#9: Les Voies d’Exocytose et d’Endocytose
#10 Acheminement des protéines vers la membrane (face cytoplasmique)
#11- Introduction à la signalisation cellulaire
Wikipedia Portail: Biologie Cellulaire et Moléculaire
Documents pédagogiques associés
- Basics Video Lectures by Daniel Riveline, Jacques Prost, Claudia Veigel, Michel Orrit, Thomas Lecuit, Julia Yeomans, Karsten Kruse, Albrecht Ott, Attila Becskei, among about twenty lecturers are available on the Master II Cell Physics website. Topics include single molecules, systems biology, optics and biology, physics of morphogenesis, or origin of life.
- A selection of video-lecture series given by experts in the field of different disciplines, amongst which, cell biology and medicine: iBioSeminars.
Photo and video series
Chroniques du Plancton de Christian Sardet, Station Marine de Villefrance sur Mer, France, et Parafilms, Montreal, Canada. This series of photos and videos reveals the beauty and diversity of marine animals that drift with currents.
Our selection of molecular and cellular animations
- BioClips, Christian Sardet, Station Marine de Villefranche sur Mer, France
- WEHI-TV, Drew Berry, Walter+Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Australia
- Molecular Movies, Gael McGill, Harvard Medical School, Etats Unis
- OneMicron, Janet Iwasa, Harvard Medical School, Etats Unis
- Virtual Cell, Phillip McClean and Christina Johnson, North Dakota State University, Etats Unis
Find your own film or animation
(Caution, you may get lost in watching other themes than cell biology.)
- YouTube Cell Biology, select the film you like
- Google Video, add your own search terms
- Dailymotion, add your own search terms
The SBCF wishes to accompany the students following biology courses by offering them access to evolutionary teaching resources in cell biology, from their first year at university. The SBCF also wants to support the activity of teachers in biology.
It is in this perspective, SBCF web site offers access to a wide range of educational documents, multimedia resources, examples of practical and directed work, suggestions for learning projects and methods of assessing knowledge. The SBCF adopted, with their agreement, the multimedia resources in cellular biology realized by Gérard Tramu, IJsbrand Kramer and their colleagues at the University of Bordeaux. Their pedagogical and scientific rigor, their approach in differential levels (basic text, in-depth text and links to many websites), as well as their well-developed conceptual images, constitute an educational heritage of excellence.
Do not hesitate to contact us to update and implement the documents presented!