A postdoctoral position is available in the laboratory of Dr. Alexandra Naba in the Department of Physiology and Biophysics at the University of Illinois at Chicago.
Dr. Naba’s research uses cutting-edge proteomics to decipher the roles of the extracellular matrix (ECM) in development, health, and diseases. You can learn more about our research here: https://nabalab.uic.edu.
The Naba lab, in collaboration with the Gao lab at UIC has received funding support from the NIH Human BioMolecular Atlas Program (HuBMAP) to build an atlas of the human ECM at the organ and cell levels. We are seeking a highly motivated candidate to join our teams and lead this effort.
- Analyze, interpret, and integrate multiomic datasets (scRNA-seq, CODEX, proteomics) generated by the Naba lab and contributing members of the HuBMAP consortium
- Perform data mining of publicly available proteomic datasets as part of the Matrisome Project and MatrisomeDB
- Work in close collaboration with wet-lab scientists and develop analysis pipelines to support hypothesis-driven research
- Become an integral member of our research team and contribute to publications and development of open-access resources to advance ECM research
- Ph.D. in bioinformatics, computer science, statistics, or related field
- Familiarity with biological data analysis including single-cell RNA-seq and/or proteomics
- Strong programming skills (proficiency in either R or Python is a must) and experience working with large volumes of data
- High accuracy and reliability in the processing of large-scale data and solid understanding of quantitative methods
- Experience with database management is a plus
- Collaborative mindset and motivation to work in an international and interdisciplinary environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
To apply, please submit a cover letter, CV including list of publications, and contact information of three references to Dr. Naba.
The application deadline is November 1st, 2022. Review of applicants will start immediately. Interviews will take place on a rolling basis and will continue until the position is filled.Download details